How to become a CASA!
1. Attend an Information Session
- Info sessions are informal, last no more than one hour.
- Find & register for an online Zoom information session at our Events Calendar: casaofmonterey.org/calendar, or call 831-222-3907.
- Provide basic understanding of what CASA’s do in supporting foster children.
- Review basic requirements and compliance issues.
- Opportunity for you to bring up any CASA-related questions or concerns.
- Complete an application (see forms listed in sidebar or request by email at [email protected]).
- Provide three non-related references who you’ve known for at least two years.
- Conducted by two CASA staff members, online or in person.
- Personal questions are presented regarding various potentially sensitive issues.
- Full disclosure is required at this portion of the screening process.
- Another great opportunity for you to ask questions and/or address concerns.
4. Training Session Prerequisites
- Confirmation of dates for the training provided.
- Required documents requested: copy of driver’s license, Social Security card, and current auto insurance declaration page.
- Enrollment in DMV Pull program processed.
- Acceptance into program is contingent on security screenings, which include:
- Social Security verification
- National Sex Offender Registry verification
5. Training Session
You are responsible for attending all training classes. If you must miss a class due to illness or an emergency, make up classes must be scheduled and completed.